It is the belief of the Medford School District that participation in athletics is a privilege extended to students. Students involved with athletics are to be responsible representatives of North Medford and their community. The impression a student leaves on people has a direct effect upon the school, fellow students and the Medford community.
Physical Form Eligibility Requirements:
- Earn 2.5 credits previous two (high school) quarters
- Currently enrolled and in good standing in at least 5 classes
- Beginning of 10th grade – must have earned at least 4.5 credits, 11th grade – 10 credits, and 12th grade -17 credits
- POA – In addition to OSAA academic requirements, the Medford School District stipulates that students involved in extra-curricular activities who earn one or more “F” grades in each of the previous two high school quarters become ineligible to compete. Students may become eligible on a week-to-week basis after being placed on, and meeting the requirements of, a weekly Plan of Assistance (POA) to be administered by the Athletic Director.
- Must have a current OSAA physical form on file. Good for two years. Forms available at middle and high schools.
- Required to participate in high school athletics.
- Private or student insurance (forms in athletic office)
- Please list company and policy number
- $100 per sport, $200 cap per person – No family cap
- Payment plans and scholarships available
- Must be paid prior to practicing – unless a cut sport (if cut sport, must be paid one week after establishment of team)
- Non-refundable if student quits sport
All athletes must complete the following steps and forms to be eligible to play on a North Medford High School athletic team. If you have questions, please contact the North Medford Athletic Office at 541-842-1190.STEP 1: Stay Academically Eligible:
- Participation & Code of Conduct paperwork – read, sign, and turn in.
- Maintain eligibility through-out the entire season. Academic eligibility is defined in the Student Handbook.
- Adhere to the District Athletic Code of Conduct.
- Attend all practices and games. Exceptions must be arranged with the coach prior to absence.
- Complete Season.
- Return all equipment and/or pay all fines for missing or lost articles.
STEP 2: Complete a Physical Exam (valid for two years)IMPORTANT: OSAA requires physicians to use the OSAA School Sports Pre-Participation Examination form when conducting physical exams. Hardcopies of this form are available from the Athletic Department.STEP 3: Complete a North Medford Athletics Participation Form
- Athletes must pass 10 classes and earn 2.5 credits in the previous two quarters.
- Athletes must be currently enrolled an in good standing in at least 5 classes.
- Must maintain minimum progress requirements. 4.5 credits prior to sophomore year, 10 credits prior to junior year, and 17 credits prior to senior year.
STEP 4: Participation Fees
- All athletes must compete and sign this form which includes parent and emergency contact information, proof of insurance, participation conditions, and an agreement to the tenets of our 2018 Code of Conduct for athletics and activities.
North Medford High School1900 North Keene Way Drive – Medford, OR 97504541-842-1190Principal – Dr. Dan SmithAthletic Director – Patrick GradyAthletic Secretary – Marilyn Gamby
- Each athlete will pay $100.00 per sport with a $200.00 cap per athlete (per year)
- No family cap for fees
- Payment plans and scholarships are available
- Fees must be paid to the Activities Office prior to practicing (getting on field/court)
- All fees are non-refundable
- If you would like to make a scholarship contribution, please call the North Medford Athletics Office at 541-842-1190